... read more
225g Self raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
110g Soft butter or margarine
75g Glacier cherries
1 tsp mixed spice
1 medium egg
1 - 3 tbsp milk
Oil for greasing
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large baking bowl, add the softened butter or margarine, and lightly rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the sugar and the dried fruit and mix so all ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Add the egg and 1 tbsp of the milk and mix to create a stiff dough.
4. If the mixture is still dry add milk a tbsp at a time until required consistency.
5. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
6. Using a tablespoon divide the mixture into 6-8 mounds evenly spaced on the 2 baking sheets. Sprinkle with the nibbed sugar.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and well risen. The rock buns should be firm to the touch, but they harden up properly once cold.
A fantastic evening course. Really good fun, made cooking simple and provided so much info you can't go wrong! Thanks Des, Mat. PS. Now where is that sticky chicken recipe :-)Mat Waddington
I really enjoyed the knife skills course. Great atmosphere, really well organised and a fun way to learn new skills. Thank you :-)Roz Drinkwater
I was very impressed with the way the class was run. Very professional. All aspects of the class were covered. The concept has been very well thought out and runs very smoothly indeed. I will certainly be returning for another class in the future.Diana Champion
Fabulous evening spent learning how to cook some of the most delicious Indian food that I've tasted in years. Des and the staff made learning and cooking so easy. Fabulous fun and very tasty experience. Thanks all :DKaren Ranger
A huge thank you for a brilliant day of Cupcake Madness. Milo and Holly had an absolute blast and the cakes were delicious. They are learning so much and having such a lot of fun. Well done Des, Amy and the crew.Zoe French
My daughter had a fantastic day at her class and brought home amazing goodies! She has built confidence and is so eager to get in the kitchen and help! We'll definitely book in again, I meant even send Daddy on the beginners course!Marie Rodgers