Jerk Chicken served with a Pineapple Punch
4 tsp Salt
4tsp Chilli powder
4 tsp Cinnamon
4 tsp Mixed spice
4 tsp Ground coriander
4 tsp Garlic powder
4 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 chicken legs
- Mix all the spices into a bowl then use as required.
- Coat the jerk seasoning over the chicken pieces, using a little oil rub the spices into the skin and flesh and leave to marinade (over night will get a more intense flavour)
2. Place the chicken onto an oven-proof tray Cook on a low heat for approx 1-2 hours until meat is soft and tender
3. Remove from the oven and serve.
50ml Condensed Milk
1, Put pineapple Juice & condensed milk into a blender then add some ice blend
2, Serve chilled
Moo Ping Pork served with a Strawberry, Banana and Coconut Water Smoothie
2 tbsp Palm sugar
1 tsp Salt
½ Pork Tenderloin
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fish sauce
1tbsp coconut milk
1. Soak the bamboo skewer in water at least 1/2 hour (while you marinade the pork), to prevent them from burning while on the grill.
2. Slice the pork into thin long strips, a quarter of an inch thick. If you are planning on using the skewer, inch wide strips are better. If you are grilling the pork on the grill directly, a bigger piece will help it from falling into the coals.
3. Press or mince the garlic. Mix all ingredients together and marinade for half an hour or even over night.
4. If you are using the skewers, thread a skewer through the pork. Grill the pork until it is well done.
1/2 punnet Strawberries
1 litre Coconut water
sugar to taste
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and liquidise until smooth, serve straight away
Indian Spiced Curried Prawns with a Mango Lassie
6 Tiger prawns
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1. Mix the spices together and coat the prawns, place on a skewer and cook on the BBQ or fry in a pan until pink
200ml plain yoghurt (not greek set yoghurt)
3 dsp sugar (to taste)
Mango pulp or to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix well. Serve immediately. Over ice if preferred.
2. You can experiment with other fruits, adjusting the sugar added to balance acidity or sweetness of fruit used.